https://www.c2educate.com/wp-content/uploads/football_game.jpg 533 800 C2 Education https://www.c2educate.com/wp-content/uploads/c2_logo-1.png C2 Education2015-02-01 11:05:002018-01-29 20:50:18Brains and Brawn: Education in the NFL
In honor of American’s unofficial holiday, the Super Bowl, we thought it would be interesting to explore a few NFL stars that have placed education on an equal footing with their athletic prowess. The list below is a small sampling of current NFL players, showing that they are not all about the brawn.
Tom Brady, Quarterback – New England Patriots (2000 – present)
- University of Michigan, Bachelor Degree in General Studies, with an emphasis on Business and Psychology
- Academic Achievement Honors for 1996 and 1998
- Academic All-Big Ten for 1998
Russell Wilson, Quarterback – Seattle Seahawks (2012 – present)
- North Carolina State University, Bachelor Degree Political Science and Master Degree in Broadcast Communications
- University of Wisconsin, Master Degree in Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis
Robert Griffin III, Quarterback – Washington Redskins (2015 – present)
- Baylor University, Bachelor Degree in Master Degree, Communications
- Earned Bachelor Degree in three years with a 3.67 GPA
- Made dean’s list twice
Calais Campbell, Defensive End – Arizona Cardinals (2008 – present)
- University of Miami (FL), Bachelor Degree in Advertising and Marketing
- Earned Bachelor Degree in less than four years
- Donated 1.6 million to University of Miami to establish an endowed scholarship for student athletes
Ryan Fitzpatrick, Quarterback – Houston Texans (2014 – present)
- Harvard University, Bachelor Degree in Economics
- Named the 2010 5th smartest athlete in sports by Sporting News
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!