“Write Your Own Campaign Speech” Writing Contest
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO WIN A $1000 CASH SCHOLARSHIP?
Election season is well underway, and both candidates have given countless campaign speeches…
But we think you can do better.
C2 Education’s Campaign Speech Writing Contest gives you the chance to run for president. If you were in charge, what would you do to help the country? What’s the biggest issue on your mind, and how would you approach it?
HOW TO ENTER
- Submit a 300 to 400 word campaign speech explaining what you would do if you could be elected President of the United States.
- Entries must be submitted no later than Tuesday,
November 13, 2012November 27th, 2012
- 10 Finalists will be selected by
November 21st, 2012December 4th, 2012; their submissions will be posted on the C2 Education website where voting will be open to the public.
- Voting will be closed by December 31st and the winner will be announced on the first day of 2013.
- All participants will receive a $100 C2 Education Gift Certificate
- 10 Finalists will receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card
- GRAND PRIZE: $1000 Cash Scholarship
The top 10 finalists will be selected based on both style and content. Judges will look for writing that is clear, articulate and logically organized. Speech submissions are evaluated in a fair and unbiased four-round judging process. Judges are individually selected by the C2 Education Events Department. Finalists’ names are unknown to judges until after speeches have been ranked and selected.
Once the 10 Finalists have been selected, their submissions will be posted online by November 21st. Just like a real election, we feel as though the public vote should determine the winner.
- No application is required. This contest is open to students nation-wide (and Vancouver, BC) except where void or prohibited by law.
- Entrant must be between the ages of 12 to 18 or from 6th through 12th grade. To avoid disqualification, mailed in speeches must include a staples cover sheet with the following information:
- your name and address;
- your phone number and e-mail address (if available);
- your current grade level and the name of your school;
- Essay must be no fewer than 300 and no more than 400 words in length.
- One entry per student. No purchase necessary to win. Essay must be postmarked no later than November 13, 2012. The C2 Education Corporation reserves the right to provide contest deadline extensions when deemed appropriate.
- Essay must be soley the work of the entrant. Plagiarism will result in disqualification. Essays must not infringe on any third party rights or intellectual property of any person, company, or organization. By submitting an essay to this Contest, the entrant agrees to indemnify the C2 Education Corporation for any claim, demand, judgment, or other allegation arising from possible violation of someone’s trademark, copyright, or other legally protected interest in any way in the entrant’s essay.
- Decisions of the judges are final. Employees of the C2 Education Corporation, its board of directors and their immediate family members are not eligible for this contest.
- All entries become the property of the C2 Education Corporation and will not be returned.
- Finalists will be notified by November 21st, 2012 via e-mail.
- Winners are responsible for providing their mailing addresses and other necessary information under the law in order to receive any prizes. Contest finalists and winners agree to allow the C2 Education Corporation to post their names and speeches on any of C2’s affiliated websites or material.